Senior Support Worker
JOB TITLE: Senior Support Worker
PROJECT: Highland Aftercare Supported Accommodation and Outreach Services, Inverness
SALARY SCALE: SCP 21 – 26 (£20,357 – £23,546)
WORKING HOURS: An average of 39 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 5pm on 6 March 2017
Ypeople is an independent Charity which delivers support services to vulnerable people helping them to adapt to change and to improve their quality of life.
Ypeople is currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to join its new Highland Aftercare Supported Accommodation and Outreach Services in Inverness. The service will be launched in summer 2017 and will support young people leaving care in gaining the skills to move into their own independent tenancies.
The post holder will assist the Operations and Business Manager in ensuring that the service is delivered effectively and achieves set key performance indicators whilst working within the ethical framework of Ypeople. The post holder will work an average of 39 hours per week.
Key Result Areas include:
- Effective delivery of a sustainable service to provide a continuum of care for service users
- Effective line management and support and supervision of staff team
- Sound understanding of local budgets
- Contribution to the continuous development of the service
- Comprehensive and efficient recording systems to support the needs of service users
- Consistent adherence to all relevant policies and procedures ensuring best practice and legal compliance.
It is essential that all applicants have/are:
- SVQ Level 4 in Health & Social Care, SCQF equivalent or willingness to work towards
- Possession of, or willingness to undertake, additional management training in line with the role and SSSC requirements
- Experience of working with service user group relevant to service area in a similar role
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of needs of service user group relevant to service area
- Ability to support staff to develop skills in assessment, support planning, risk assessment and reviews
- Ability to manage staffing issues on daily basis (performance, sickness absence, time management etc)
- Knowledge of current legislation and reports.
This post is exempt under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 and will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Check. The cost of a PVG check will be attributed to the successful candidate.
1. Download application pack and application form from: http://www.ypeople.org.uk/vacancies.php
2. Email us your completed application
Please note that we do not accept CV’s.