Design Draughtsman – Aberdeen (Centre)
Malin Marine Consultants (Aberdeen) currently have a vacancy for a Design Draughtsman based in central Aberdeen.
This is an important role within MMCA and is integral to the success of our projects. You will be primarily employed in a design draughting role and will be tasked with providing CAD support to projects as directed by the relevant Project Manager.
The role will ideally suit someone with good draughting & problem solving skills as well as a desire to develop their career in mechanical engineering within the marine environment.
Key responsibilities in this role will be:
- General drawing duties within the office both 2D and 3D, including draughting of layout drawings, installation drawings, fabrication drawings and lifting & mooring plans.
- Design draughting work including sizing of support structures, ship stiffening, super structure arrangements and similar for production or further analysis by Naval Architects/Engineers.
- Maintenance and monitoring of QA forms and registers on the projects you are working on as well as any others that your line manager may request.
- Assisting Company Directors/Senior Managers/Project Managers with the costing of enquiries, new/existing contracts.
- Providing regular updates on all your projects to a Company Director or Project Manager.
- Ensuring that client deliverables and company QA requirements are met at all times.
- Developing draughting standards.
- Researching and implementing new techniques in the Draughting Department to support the work of the engineering team.
- HNC/HND in mechanical Engineering or suitable equivalent.
- 2-years experience as Draughtsman or Design Engineer in shipbuilding or offshore industry.
- Strong CAD skills, preferably with AutoCAD & Rhino
- Good understanding of design and engineering manufacturing processes
- Computer literate in MS Office packages
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Full UK Driving License
- Apply by sending CV to Aberdeen@malingroup.com Reference MA-166
Apply for Design Draughtsman
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly