Data Migration Specialist
LEAP leads the world in the development and sale of cloud based legal practice management software for small law firms on a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. We employ more than 300 people, have offices in the USA, Australia and the UK with more than 12,000 law firms using our software worldwide. We are seeking a Data Migration Specialist to join our highly motivated, high velocity and growing team in our Edinburgh office. LEAP will provide you with the best training, equipment, mentoring and support in order for you to be successful.
- At LEAP, we care about what we do and the people we work with
- We continually improve to be the best
- We NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
We employ people who are smart and can get things done.
The Transitions department is responsible for extracting and transferring data from legacy practice management systems to LEAP for clients globally. The department is not only responsible for the technical aspects but also manages client’s expectations in relation to data collection, migration and LEAP delivery/installation.
Position Purpose / Objective
To use the data migration tools available as well as technical expertise to ensure data moving from a legacy practice management system is properly mapped and checked prior to the upload into LEAP.
- Timely and accurate migration of data
- Reconciliation of migrated accounting data
- Creation and maintenance of documentation and internal systems
- Maintenance of data audit checking
- Written reporting on migrated data
• Ensure data sets received from client are complete and ready for data migration (e.g. reports, backups)
• Run migration tools for the applicable legacy practice management system to migrate client data to LEAP
- Complete checks on data migration software for data migrations performed by other team members
• Check that data was successfully imported into LEAP
• Ensure accounting balances are correct and match to the legacy data
• Liaise with team leader to ensure they are kept up to date with the progress of the data migration
Key selection criteria
- Fluency in written and spoken English is crucial
- Strong knowledge / background legal bookkeeping / accounting (client funds and office)
- Experience working with legal practice management software an advantage
- Knowledge of legal terminology (e.g. matters / unbilled fees, disbursements, safe custody) an advantage
- Have an understanding of database environments
- Exceptional eye for detail
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and your Manager will be happy to discuss any comments or clarification needed with you. Because of the nature and changing demands of LEAP, this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of LEAP.