Waste Acceptance Shift Team Leader
MVV Umwelt GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MVV Energie AG, has more than 40 years of experience in operating decentralised waste disposal and energy generation plants. Our Group now manages incineration capacity of about 1.5 million tonnes of household and commercial and industrial waste and waste timber a year and is therefore one of the market leaders in the generation of energy from waste. With its extensive expertise in generating energy from waste and its investment strength, our Group entered the UK market in 2008. MVV is contracted to the South West Devon Waste Partnership to operate and maintain an Energy from Waste CHP Facility in Devonport, Plymouth. We also operate a Biomass Facility in Ridham Dock, Kent and are currently bidding for a contract with Dundee City and Angus Councils to deal with the Councils’ residual waste.
Purpose of the Position:
To supervise the work of a small team to receive non-standard waste types, to remove unacceptable materials, recycle where practicable and prepare remainder for delivery to main facility for combustion. To facilitate the safe, compliant and efficient reception and handling of waste feedstock, consumables, stores, spare parts and disposal of IBA and process residues from the EfW CHP Facility including operation of mechanical shovels, shredders and directing traffic on site as required.
- Supervise tipping area to ensure visiting drivers are observing site rules and codes of safe working practice
- Supervise waste tipping to identify non-acceptable materials, record and report non-conformities to weighbridge staff and Facilities Manager if necessary
- Reload non-acceptable material from the tipping point back onto vehicle
- Communicate with weighbridge staff about non-acceptance or reclassification of delivered waste
- Monitoring waste storage areas to avoid fires
- Commence fire-fighting in case of fire detection and immediately inform the Facility Manager
- Direct deliveries on site, manage safe and efficient traffic flow in the tipping area
- Manage the diversion of traffic in the case of accidents, incidents, major works or vehicle breakdowns and co-ordinate any necessary haulage
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment within the Tipping area
- Receive spare part deliveries and check delivery against delivery documents. Record, sort and shelve delivered spare parts
- Operation of mobile plant as required including mechanical shovels and shredders.
- Maintain general site cleanliness and record and report any instances where minor maintenance is required
- Housekeeping and associated activities as required by site management
- Supporting maintenance activities (assisting fitters, electricians & technicians as required)
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Full driving license
- Mobile Plant Operator certified
- Health and Safety 1 day minimum IOSH qualification
- Able to work as part of a small team ensuring safe, compliant reception and storage of non-recyclable municipal household waste
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Environmental legislation
- Flexible and willing to learn
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities are required within the role.
Please send your application to Justine Wotton by clicking APPLY or call 01752 393150 for further information.
The closing date for all applications is 28th July 2017.
Apply for Waste Acceptance Shift Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly