Community Liaison Manager
MVV Umwelt GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MVV Energie AG, has more than 40 years of experience in operating decentralised waste disposal and energy generation plants. Our Group now manages incineration capacity of about 1.5 million tonnes of household and commercial and industrial waste and waste timber a year and is therefore one of the market leaders in the generation of energy from waste. With its extensive expertise in generating energy from waste and its investment strength, our Group entered the UK market in 2008. MVV is contracted to the South West Devon Waste Partnership to operate and maintain an Energy from Waste CHP Facility in Devonport, Plymouth. We also operate a Biomass Facility in Ridham Dock, Kent and are currently bidding for a contract with Dundee City and Angus Councils to deal with the Councils’ residual waste.
Purpose of the Position:
To work within local communities and liaise with a wide range of relevant stakeholders. This role will work in co-operation with Dundee City and Angus Councils on waste reduction and awareness campaigns, education programmes, public meetings, promotions and initiatives on a strategic and operational level.
- Work with Dundee City and Angus Councils, voluntary organisations, educational bodies, local businesses, environmental groups and local individuals to support the implementation of the Waste Management Strategy
- Help to develop a public understanding of waste management; recycling, the recovery of energy from waste and other wider waste reduction issues through effective engagement with community groups and local residents
- Develop an education programme based on the EfW Facility and waste reduction
- Manage the Community Area to ensure a high standard of visitor experience is delivered and maintained
- Engage with the local community in encouraging the use of the facilities and education opportunities in the Community Area
- Manage the distribution of the community fund and sponsorship programme in accordance with an agreed plan
- Manage the enquiries and complaints database and respond in a timely manner
- Support local community groups to improve their own skills and capacity to enable them to formulate and deliver their own waste reduction objectives, through the provision of appropriate education and information
- Support in advertising recruitment and apprenticeship initiatives by placing job advertisements within the local community, supporting the creation of placements and work experience opportunities for local residents and students from education establishments in the area
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Experience of partnership working, preferably in the public sector
- Significant experience of public relations and communications, preferably in a waste related field
- Experience of working in a teaching environment would be advantageous
- Good understanding of the wider waste education and minimisation agenda
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Budget management experience
- Flexibility, must be willing to travel
- Proactive approach and ability to work on own initiative
- An enhanced DBS check is essential for the role
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities are required within the role.
Please send your application to Justine Wotton by clicking APPLY or call 01752 393150 for further information.
The closing date for all applications is 28th July 2017