Change Accountancy and Finance are currently working with our client based at the Gyle to recruit a Finance Administrator to their team. The client is a market leader in their field and a with plans to put the successful applicant through their professional qualifications. Core responsibilities will be to support the wider finance team across a number of processing and administrative duties to ensure the timely delivery of month end and numerous reports. Duties of the role will cover the following;
- Responsible for preparing payment files for processing by the wider team
- Coverage of purchase ledger duties
- Performing numerous reconciliations and working with the wider business to ensure discrepancies and fully investigated
- Working with excel to filter and sort financial and non-financial data
- Preparing reports for month end returns
- Working with wider finance to ensure timely submission of information
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
Applicants for the role will either have a HNC or HND in Finance and be able to show a commitment to wanting to sit their professional exams. In addition to this applicants will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of excel (Pivot tables, Basic Formulas) which will be tested upon through the interview process coupled with a proactive nature and attitude when it comes to problem solving and acting on their own initiative.
Basic accounting experience would be of benefit but not essential for this role, past experience working within finance and completing finance administrative duties.
Salary: up to £20,000 dependant on experience + study support and benefits package