Digital Content and Audience Manager
DC Thomson Media have a unique opportunity within our Digital Team for a Digital Content and Audience Manager to oversee digital content strategies across our digital magazines and newspapers portfolio. They will be responsible for driving engagement, retention, leads and user customer behaviour which will ultimately lead to increased online revenues - advertising, subscription and ecommerce. It will also lead to sharing of content and optimization across the division.
The individual who fills this role needs to be an expert in all things related to content and channel optimisation, user value and segmentation, analytics and meaningful measurement. The successful candidate will work with the digital and content teams to maximise content value and address issues of content duplication and targets specific audience acquisition channels to ensure we dominate our digital marketplaces both for magazines and newspapers.
The Digital Content and Audience Manager will partner collaboratively with the all title and online editors to get maximum results from their websites and feed into the wider DCT digital strategy. The Magazine division should benefit from shared learnings from Newspaper to accelerate growth in online traffic, best practice and digital revenues. The Digital Content and Audience Manager will work with audience and analytics data to collaborate with all content departments of the DCT Media business.
The Digital Content and Audience Manager’s role is to apply their digital knowledge and expertise to lead the development of online content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
- Working with CE EICs content teams to develop a digital content strategy to fast track growth and digital opportunities and where appropriate share best practices from newspapers
- Working with CE EICs to establish work flow to accommodate both on and offline requirements
- In partnership with CE and NP title editors and on-line content editors, design a content strategy that supports and extends our digital ambitions, both short- and long-term, ensuring that we maximize the value of the user whilst complimenting the print strategies, day to day responsibilities for websites remains as is
- Ensuring best practice and the appropriate level of training required to ensure this is adopted, specifically around tagging, SEO and understanding the best channel of content delivery
- Helping drive strategy to meet agreed KPIs – including audience volumes and engagement metrics, registrations, newsletter sign ups and subscriptions
- Mapping out a content strategy that support the ‘verticals’ of newspapers and magazines including social media
- Working with digital team to develop content portals around our growing audience data sets
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Working with digital team to build a Digital Content Academy to focus on key areas of training.
The role requires a combination marketing and publishing mind-set, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first.
Specific skills required include:
- Love for all things digital and a passion for new technology
- Training as a print or digital journalist and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience;
- Skill at both long-form content creation and immediate content creation and distribution strategies and tactics;
- The ability to intuitively understand what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it;
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types;
- Project management skills to understand editorial schedules and deadlines;
- Brilliant relationship building and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to partner with business leaders to develop strategy and provide innovative business-focussed proposals and ideas;
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Chartbeat, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies, to continually learn and share new and innovative thinking around data and content leadership strategies.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and upload a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours a week working from our Meadowside Office, Dundee. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Gym or Gym Discount, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.