An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Magazine Journalist to join the Boys’ Magazines team. Reporting to the Editor, you will work to acquire and produce entertaining content for a number of titles, projects and brand extensions within the Boys’ Magazines portfolio.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create fun, informative and engaging features for the specified audience.
- Be up to date with everything 7-12-year-old boys want to read about, and have an infinite amount of ideas that we can turn into great content every issue.
- Have excellent proof-reading skills and be able to spot a rogue apostrophe from a mile off.
- Be organised, efficient and excellent at hitting multiple deadlines.
- Be a pro on social media and have lots of suggestions about how we can drive up our likes and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Video editing skills are a bonus.
- Instinctively know what is and isn’t right for the brand and give feedback to external and internal contacts as required.
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts and attend press events as and when required.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Gym or Gym Discount, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.