Are experienced in landfill operations or waste management and are looking to take on a new challenge? If so our client are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
The company is one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, they put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with our client. They are at the forefront of the UK`s green economy and are one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. They use smart people and smart technology to deliver their vision, bringing people together to give the world`s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Landfill Operative to join the team in Dunbar, working 50 hours Monday to Friday (with alternate Saturdays)
Landfill Operative key responsibilities:
• Assisting in ensuring the day to day operational activities at Dimmer Landfill site are carried out in accordance with the Company Procedures.
• Ensuring maintenance/operation of site plant and equipment is carried out
• Ensuring that waste is deposited/disposed of in accordance with Company Procedures.
• Ensuring that Risk Assessments (RA) and Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed at all times.
• Assisting in co-ordinating landfill operations to ensure that waste is dealt with efficiently at the site and is handled and treated in the correct manner.
• Availability by telephone for emergency call out.
This role requires a flexible approach to ensure vital tasks are achieved in a timely and precise manner. Working at weekends, nights and bank holidays may be required.
The ideal Landfill Operative:
• Knowledge of relevant plant and machinery including operation and first line maintenance.
• Ideally experience in driving plant vehicles and machinery
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Possess a recognised training certificate, for example CITB/QPTC/Waste and Utilities certificate
In return for your hard work as their Landfill Operative you can expect to receive a salary of £24,659 per annum. You will receive excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity for personal development. You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Landfill Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY to view the full role profile!
Closing Date: 31st July 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.