Senior Legal Cashier
The opportunity for a Senior Legal Cashier has arisen within a very well renowned professional services business based in Edinburgh City Centre. Reporting directly into the Head Cashier, you will be involved with all aspects of the finances and help ensure the finance department runs smoothly and effectively daily.
A specialist in their market, this award-winning organisation has an outstanding reputation as one of the best in their field. With this mentality, there is certainly growth and potential within this organisation and role for an individual to develop their skills further
The Senior Legal Cashier position has arisen based in Edinburgh city centre and is offering a highly competitive salary of between £23,000 and £26,000 plus fantastic benefits.
The main duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- Being Responsible for processing all monies received into multiple client bank accounts covering multiple currencies also.
- Ensuring payments are being effectively dealt with and in accordance with SRA rules.
- Responsible for ensuring clients funds are lodged and uplifted from designated bank accounts (including joint deposit accounts)
- Responsible for performing daily Bank Reconciliations. This includes the investigation and resolution of any unmatched items.
- Running various reports regarding client balances, disbursements and other Cashroom related items.
- Responsible for running various compliance reports, ensuring appropriate action as required in order to comply with the Law Society of Scotland and the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules.
- General ad hoc duties
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have a minimum of 3-4 years of working within an accountancy role
- Have knowledge of the Law Society of Scotland Accounts Rules and an enthusiasm, commitment and willingness to learn the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules.
- Show excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be flexible and reliable: a self-starter, enthusiastic, accurate, with excellent attention to detail.
- Be capable of working to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, an exposure to any financial systems would be advantageous but not essential
Please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson for a private & confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.