The Boys' Brigade
The Boys’ Brigade is a UK wide voluntary sector youth organisation for children and young people with around 17,000 members in Scotland. We work with the main denominations of the Christian church.
The BB provides a wide variety of fun and educational activities for children and young people, including camps and holidays. More information can be found at http://scotland.boys-brigade.org.uk
We now have the opportunity to appoint a Part-Time Development Worker to support the development of The Boys’ Brigade in the North East of Scotland.
Applicants need to be in sympathy with the aims and mission statement of the organisation. The appointment is initially for 18 months and the worker will be home based.
This part-time role will work with local volunteers and other nationally employed staff to support and improve the programmes offered to members, and to assist with the delivery of the Brigade’s Development Plan in the area.
Appointment will be subject to two references and a successful application to be a member of the PVG scheme.
The Development Worker should be a car owner with a clean driving licence. A mileage allowance, currently 45p per mile, will be paid for business use.
The salary for this post is £24,590 pro-rate based on a 17.5 hour week.
There is an annual leave entitlement of 25 days leave plus statutory and bank holidays pro-rata.
A flexi-time system is worked, as there will be a considerable need to work evenings and weekends.
Main purpose of role:
To support and develop existing companies in the North East of Scotland with a focus on Aberdeenshire and Banffshire, and where possible establish new groups.
Responsible to: The Director for Scotland
Summary of key responsibilities
1. To support existing groups (BB companies) and assist them to recruit more leaders and members.
2. Encourage use of the Company Health Check and the relevant programme materials for all age groups within the company.
3. To help develop the quality of programmes and the experience offered to current members.
4. To assist with the delivery of the Brigade’s Development Plan.
5. Support companies in delivery of Duke of Edinburgh Award.
6. To promote training / opportunities for volunteers.
7. To assist in the delivery of any national projects as directed.
8. To promote and publicise the work of the Brigade in the target area.
9. Other relevant related duties as required.
To apply please fill in the attached application form and click APPLY