An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Magazine Journalist to join the Shout team!
Do you live, eat, and breathe Instagram? Are your writing skills #onpoint? Are you subscribed to the YouTube life? We’re looking for a talented, passionate and hard-working individual with a flair for creating engaging social media content and writing top-quality features. Reporting to the Features Editor, you will work to acquire and produce brand-appropriate, entertaining content for our award-winning title. You will also contribute to social media, projects and brand extensions within the Girls’ Magazines portfolio.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create fun, informative and engaging features for the specified audience.
- Be up to date with everything teenage girls want to read about, and have an infinite amount of ideas that we can turn into great content every issue.
- Have a broad knowledge of key celebrities and YouTubers.
- Have excellent proof-reading skills.
- Be organised, efficient and excellent at meeting multiple deadlines.
- Be a pro on social media and have lots of suggestions about how we can drive up our likes and followers across Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Video editing skills are a bonus.
- Instinctively know what is and isn’t right for the brand and give feedback to external and internal contacts as required.
- Be brimming with creative ideas for cover sells, covermounts and content that will give our titles shelf pop and ensure we continue to drive sales.
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts and attend press events as and when required.
- Maintain brand values and consistency of tone and ensure everything is age appropriate.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Gym or Gym Discount, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 22nd September 2017