Our client is a global bank, who is achieving fantastic growth and success. Due to this growth they are searching for a Data Analyst Financial Intelligence to join their highly skilled analytics function in Edinburgh.
The Data Analyst Financial Intelligence will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and analysis of data used by the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to assess and analyse financial crime and reputational risk for all of the Bank clients. This will require close and productive working relationships with the IT development team and FIU analysts, and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors. The Data Analyst Financial Intelligence will be part of a small team and report up into the Global Head of Technology, FIU, who is responsible for all activity across the multiple workstreams of the FIU Development team.
· Good organisational skills ideally with project management experience
· Proven ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas
· Strong relationship management and persuading and influencing skills
· Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks
· The ability to quickly identify solutions to complex problems
· Proven written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
· An interest in business and current affairs, including financial crime
· Strong team player with leadership potential
· Robust, accountable and independent
· Sound understanding of data types and be fluent in data query language (e.g. SQL).
· Scripting/macro development or similar programming skills.
· Experience with data transformation
· (Desirable) Experience with â€˜Big Dataâ€™ technologies
· (Desirable) Experience with database performance optimisation.
· (Desirable) Experience/knowledge of financial crime and reputational risk
· (Desirable) Experience/knowledge of wholesale banking
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst Financial Intelligence to work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Data Analyst Financial Intelligence then please apply now for immediate consideration.