Our client is a global bank, who is achieving fantastic growth and success. Due to this growth they are searching for a Test Analyst to join their highly skilled financial crime test function in Edinburgh.
At a high-level, the Test Analyst role will be responsible for supporting the planning and execution of Systems Integration Testing (SIT), Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT), Volume Testing and the support of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) conducted by the regions or in-country teams.
The successful Test Analyst candidate will be expected to be self-motivated and proactive.
The role will be based in Edinburgh, but may require occasional nationwide or overseas travel.
The Test Analyst will carry out key tasks necessary for the successful delivery of the project including:
- Assist in the development and documentation of programme Test Strategy, and any associated test scripts and artefacts
- Supporting the development of programme/project test plans
- Support the execution of SIT/FAT/UAT Test Scripts, both manual and automated
- Follow best practise testing procedures and processes that ensure the most effective use of tools and techniques employed e.g. JIRA, Quality Centre and Selenium WebDriver
- Attending test review sessions and defect triage meetings with key parties (technology and business) involved in the programmeâ€™s test activities
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Proven experience in a SIT/FAT (Technology test activities) and UAT (Business test execution) for both manual and automated test scripts
- Previous experience in defect recording and defect resolution
- Previous experience in the use of Quality Centre for test script execution and defect management (and MS Excel as a backup defect tracking and resolution tool)
- Exposure to all stages of an application development process, from specification and design, development and testing through to implementation
- Experience in structuring and delivering test around system configuration change would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to prioritise work to successfully deliver service to agreed levels in a diverse and constantly changing technical environment
- Capability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors, business line representatives or remote staff working on test activities
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate testing matters and test automation in the language of business
- Liaison with business personnel
- Find logical solutions to problems and manage to resolution
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Test Analyst to work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Test Analyst then please apply now for immediate consideration.