ICT Technician - Edinburgh £22k
Exciting ICT Technician role available in Edinburgh city centre - £20k
Your new company
Your new company is an established organisation based in the heart of Edinburgh.
Your new role
- The purpose of this role is to provide a centralised ICT technical support service to all users within the company.
- Provide day-to-day support of the company's desktop estate including availability, recovery, access control, security, software distribution and operating system and general desktop software support, including both 1st and 2nd line support.
- Specifically, provide day-to-day support of key systems such as desktop PCs, printers, photocopiers, laptops, telephones and loan equipment, including both 1st and 2nd line support.
- Update and manage the Service Desk Recording System in relation to technical support calls in order to maintain accurate call histories of faults and requests.
- Provide an on-call support service on a 1 in 5 rota with the other ICT Technician and the Network Support Engineers.
- Liaise as required with ICT staff to ensure the overall delivery of service as required within the department service plan.
What you'll need to succeed - Essential skills
- Ability to prioritise allocated tasks in order to maximise delivery of technical support to users.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in order to rectify ICT problems.
- Decisions on when external support is required to provide support on ICT problems.
- Required to continuously update skills and acquire new techniques and knowledge keeping pace with rapid ICT development.
- Experience with the following:
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- ITIL Foundation
What you'll get in return
- An annual leave allowance of 28.5 days per annum pro rata, rising to 33.5 days per annum pro rata after five years' service. In addition, all staff receive 8 public holidays per annum pro rata.
- Pension: The organisation pays up to 24.3% of your gross salary towards your pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.