Mid-Shift Manager - Express Parcels
Our client has established itself as one of the market leaders in express domestic & international delivery services, resulting in our client being equipped with the resources and skills to open up numerous new depots during a difficult economic period.
Due to this increased business and investment our client is now looking for a WAREHOUSE MANAGER - MID SHIFT to join their busy LANARK DEPOT TEAM south of GLASGOW, SCOTLAND. The role reporting into the Depot General Manager will be to run the mid-shift of 30 staff including all warehouse and traffic staff, shift supervisors and drivers. You will be in control of all the incoming collection vehicles and trunks. There will be a large amount of packs moving around at night on the shift. The role will involve the unloading of the collection vehicles and the loading of the trunks, reporting into a Depot Manager. The shift hours will be Monday to Friday 4pm to 2am
To apply for the role it is important to understand and hit the trunking deadlines. It is also important that all applicants are innovative and think outside the box. You will also need to be a tough character with a background preferably in parcels but pallet experience will also be considered.
- To organise and control the warehouse operation and staff employed in this activity during your hours of duty.
- To ensure that containers and trailers required for the night trunk operation are in position, swept and in good repair and to report to management any defects found.
- To ensure that all mechanical and manual handling equipment is serviceable and to report to management any defects found particularly in relation to health and safety issues.
- To ensure that any misroutes and crossdeck held over consignments are loaded on to the correct trunk vehicle.
- To organise the efficient unloading of the C&D vehicles and loading of the trunk vehicles, ensuring that, where practical, any guaranteed services traffic is clearly identified with the appropriate sticker and loaded on the rear.
- To ensure that trunk loading is followed with particular attention to axle weight and
overall weights, and to bring to the attention of Operational Management any consignment which may cause potential overloading on a vehicle, container or trailer.
- To ensure that all trunks are ready for departure at the scheduled departure time.
- To make sure that all operational documentation relating to the trunk operation is available and correctly filled out
- To ensure that on arrival and before departure all vehicles and trailers are sealed correctly and that seal numbers are logged and any discrepancies found to be reported to shift management.
- To maintain and operate health and safety procedures as laid down by the Company during your shift.
- To ensure the loading dock is kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times so far as is reasonably practicable and all through ways are kept clear of obstacles to allow for a safe working environment.
- To ensure all fire exits, fire extinguishers and all other fire fighting equipment, are clear of obstacles and not blocked.
- To assist the Depot Management with training and improving the standards of the warehouse operatives.
- To arrive correctly attired in Company supervisory uniform with acceptable appearance.
- To undertake any training that may be required by the Company.