Conservation Investment Manager - Historic Sites
Job Title: National Investment Plan Co-ordinator for Conservation
Location: Longmore House, Edinburgh
Salary: £46,153 - £53,930
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time 37hrs per week
Our client are the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
- Deliver the company Investment Plan projects for the Visitor facing facilities and infrastructure projects at the Properties in Care and associated ancillary accommodation. Projects will be resource driven nationally and duties may require travelling and overnight periods away from home.
- Co-ordinate the company Investment Plan projects for the Visitor facing facilities and infrastructure projects with the regional teams in Estates and all teams across the company Directorates especially the Visitor Operations team in Commercial and Tourism Directorate who will act as Client for the majority of the projects. Work with the corporate Strategic Investment team to align priorities and increase efficiencies.
- Champion a strong design ethic within the organisation.
- Drive a strong sustainability ethos within the organisation, embedded in all projects from inception to completion and operation.
- Develop and implement consistent processes and systems for project management of large projects across the Directorate.
- Develop and implement appropriate use of BiM for project delivery and future asset management across the property portfolio, working closely with in house the company professional teams.
- Implement a soft landings approach to projects to ensure the Client and end users of the building are fully integrated in the process from inception to completion and beyond to meet expectations and ensure operational performance improvement. This will involve the integration of all new works into the Estates Facilities Management system and C&M team operations.
- Lead on the co-ordination and delivery of the company Conservation Building Specification project, working with the Head of Estates and regional professional teams to develop technical specifications for the company, based on NBS (National Building Specification) using the Uniclass 2015 system for conservation and development works on the properties.
- Establish future priorities and development work for all PiCs and ancillary accommodation, including Monument Investment Plans and the development of Monument Management Plans for all PiCs.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
- You will be educated to Degree level in a relevant field, with several years of related post-graduate work experience. Ideally, you will have achieved chartered status in one of the building and construction professions.
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Investment Manager, Investment Coordinator, Conservation Manager, Conservation Investment Coordinator, Investment Planner, Investment Planning Coordinator and Operations Manager will also be considered for this role.