Technical Adviser Assistant
Technical Adviser Assistant
Glasgow or Edinburgh (please note that the successful candidate must be prepared to travel to both locations as and when required)
£30,000 - £40,000
About the company
My client offers a broad range of services to help clients manage their wealth and achieve their financial and lifestyle objectives. Their financial advice, investment management and self-directed services can be used separately or as an integrated service. Clients choose according to their preferences.
Their financial advice and investment management services are provided by highly qualified professionals with experience of servicing clients for many years, through different economic cycles. Their advice and investment capabilities have been recognised by a number of industry awards.
They tailor their services to clients with different levels of wealth throughout the UK and believe in building long-term relationships with their clients based on trust and high levels of service. Their charges are transparent enabling clients to make informed decisions about the services they want.
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities
- Request and obtain all necessary information and undertake financial analysis to enable financial reports to be produced for the Adviser.
- Undertake research to allow the Technical Adviser and Adviser to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis by the Technical Adviser and Adviser.
- Request and obtain application forms and other associated paperwork.
- Ensure appropriate data is accurately recorded on Company back-office system(s) and updated in line with Company procedures.
- On-going servicing of clients as and when required.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business. Follow principles and rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the internal requirements set out in the Compliance Manual, local and Group Compliance and Risk policies.
- To ensure adherence to Department’s and Company procedures and Department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Understanding of the Financial Planning/Corporate
- Advice process, where appropriate.
- Ability to work within defined business processes and to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise and plan own workload.
- An assertive "can do" approach to dealing with product providers and fund management groups.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Progression with either Regulated Diploma in Financial Planning (CII) - Level 4 or Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Ability to demonstrate and understand the regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management at all times.