Senior Finance Manager with development to FC
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Manager based in Edinburgh paying £55,000 - £60,000 plus a competitive benefits package.
This recently acquired business has just received substantial investment which is essential to achieving their ambitious growth and expansions plans. The new owners have wasted no time in refreshing and positively restructuring the business, including securing the appointments of several well-known sector specialists. This vibrant, dynamic and highly commercial business already have a significant market share and the new investment will allow for further diversification which will undoubtedly result in greater market dominance.
The position of Senior Finance Manager is a newly developed role to support the Senior Financial Controller. The role has three main components:
- Strategic planning
- Technical/statutory accounting
- People management
Due to these exciting growth and expansion plans, it essential that the successful individual has the capability of progressing to Financial Controller within the near future. To be considered you must be a qualified Accountant (ideally Big Four trained) with exposure to all three of the role components.
The role of Senior Finance Manager will offer a salary of £55,000 - £60,000 plus a competitive benefits package. The offices premises are based in Edinburgh with parking facilities available onsite.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller
- Managing the finance team including transactional functions including appraisals, development and performance management
- Assisting the SMT with long term planning including the ability to conduct analysis on strategic business reviews
- KPI setting and reporting
- Budget setting and monitoring including ability to partner with Divisional Heads
- Cashflow analysis and forecasting including ownership of working capital
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts & returns
- Key point of contact for external Auditors
- Ownership of the balance sheets and reconciliations
- VAT and monthly intrastat returns
- Assisting with a number of high value & business critical projects
- Overseeing maintained of fixed assets
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years+ post qualification experience - ideally Big Four trained
- Experience of strategic planning, technical/statutory accounts & people management - ESSENTIAL
- Exposure of operating within a high commercial environment is highly advantageous
- Ability to business partner with SMT and Division Heads
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion.