Financial Crime SME
Our client is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation that operates mainly in the financial services industry. Due to continued success they are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Crime SME to join their highly successful team.
Financial Crime SME based within the second line of defence Risk & Compliance team and providing support and consultancy to our client and other group companies where applicable in relation to the financial crime legislation.
Specific Financial Crime SME role responsibilities will include
- Maintaining and communicating Compliance Policies connected to financial crime.
- Ensuring that the business meets its obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
- Providing consultancy to the business in relation to its obligations to its clients in relation to the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
- Advising and working with the business to ensure that it has a functioning financial crime framework in place and consideration of financial crime is embedded into business areas.
- Working with the business to ensure that the Financial Crime Risk Assessment reflects the businesses financial crime risks.
- Reviewing Financial Crime MI and working with the business to reflect/reduce its financial crime risk.
- Initiating and carrying out fraud investigations, including implementing the fraud response plan and managing any follow-up actions. The Financial Crime Analyst will manage any internal investigations and act as a liaison officer with all other interested parties both internal and external, including police, regulators and auditors.
- Work with Information Security in relation to cases of e-fraud as required.
- Providing consultancy to the business in connection with the Anti-Bribery Act 2010, ensuring that there is a functioning anti-bribery risk register and periodic risk assessments.
- Carrying out secretariat role to the Financial Crime User Forum.
- Interacting with clients in relation to Financial Crime.
- Completing RFPs and responding to annual due diligence requests in relation to financial crime.
- Conducting / overseeing due diligence on prospective clients and third party suppliers in relation to financial crime.
- Advising on industry financial crime technology solutions.
- Owning the business relationship with the third party providers that our client uses to provide financial crime technology solutions including credit card payment gateways such as Cybersource and AML systems such as Experian and Tonbeller (or equivalent systems) and providing consultancy to the business and clients on the set up and maintenance of such systems.
- Carrying out configuration of the set-up of clients/rules within these third party systems as required.
- Overseeing/carrying out compliance monitoring in connection to financial crime where appropriate.
- Identifying regulatory and industry developments in relation to financial crime, carrying out impact assessments and assisting to embed required changes into processes and technology.
- Providing financial crime training.
- Assisting where necessary with other second line/Compliance initiatives.
- Working knowledge gained within financial services industry of identifying fraud risks and implementing/overseeing suitable controls to mitigate those risks
- Strong knowledge of UK Money Laundering Regulations
- Strong knowledge of Anti-Bribery Act 2010
- Desirable to have experience of Cybersource and other industry financial crime solutions
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Crime SME to work for a progressive and successful professional service company who fully believe in developing their workforce.
So if you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in the role of Financial Crime SME then please apply now for immediate consideration.