Occupational Health Nurse
Occupational Health Nurse
£28,500 Pro Rata
15 hours per week
We are recruiting for an experienced and dedicated Occupational Health Nurse to join a leading private Occupational Health company. This position is a part time role; 15 hours per week.
We are looking for a genuine team player who can work alongside a team of experts and industry professionals.
You will receive all the support you need from our senior management team as we work together to bring success to this contract and the company.
- To provide clear visible professional advice to the client and their employees.
- The post holder will help raise the profile of the OH service to the client, and work closely with managers and client representatives (H&S) to deliver a proactive OH service aimed at improving employee Health and Wellbeing.
- To assist the Occupational Health Manager in leading and advancing clinical practice in line with the company Policies and Clinical Pathways.
- To provide a full OH/Treatment service in line with the client contract including consultation, clinical assessment & treatment, advice, education, medical assessments and D&A testing where appropriate and in accordance with patient group directives and departmental protocols.
- To provide professional advice, support and guidance to the client and wider multidisciplinary team
- Act as a professional role model
- To assess clients presenting to Occupational Health providing sound clinical advice and treatment
- To assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with the coampny policies and guidelines
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports Act and Data Protection Act
- To respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment
- To provide clinical assessment of clients presenting with minor illness and injury
- To provide competent treatment/referral of clients under the company guidelines and written Instructions
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation, and in line with the company policies and guidelines
- To ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice
- Any other duties within the scope of the post commensurate with grade
- To provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
- To work in accordance with the companies Health and Safety Policies
- Promote equality of opportunity and provide an environment in which the dignity of individuals is respected and free from workplace harassment and bullying
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Drive and have your own transport
- Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
- Experience of conducting pre-placement assessments and reviews
- Experience of conducting health assessments/surveillance including Lung function, HAV's, Audio
- Experience of producing own reports administrative activities and arranging own appointments
- Experience of developing and implementing health care initiatives
- Previous experience in providing a treatment service/First Aid or A&E
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on and or email