Regulatory Risk Analyst
Our client is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation that operates mainly in the financial services industry. Due to continued success they are looking to recruit an experienced Regulatory Risk Analyst to join their highly successful team.
Key objectives of the risk team are to design, implement and maintain the Global Risk and Control Framework to support the business plan and the regulatory environment it operates in. This includes developing detailed risk management policies and procedures and working with the business to facilitate the understanding and embedding of these within the business.
The Regulatory Risk Analyst brings a sound knowledge of risk management tools and frameworks demonstrated through practical experience and achievement in similar roles. The Regulatory Risk Analyst role will have specific focus on client engagement and supporting delivery of client assurance activities.
The role reports to the Senior Risk Manager / Head of Risk as part of the Risk & Compliance team. There is no direct people management, however interaction with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders is key.
- Formal relationship management - work with peers in the clients second line risk teams on a proactive basis.
- Ongoing risk event reporting to your clients within agreed timeframes and to a high standard.
- JRCC monthly Joint Risk & Compliance Committees. Produce formal reporting and attend monthly meetings to discuss.
- Developing and embedding core elements of the Group Risk & Control Framework (GRCF) by applying SME knowledge and experience.
- Deliver quality analysis, information and commentary from across the GRCF into governance and other reporting.
- Risk Event Lifecycle management work across the business to ensure the timely and accurate escalation, recording and reporting of Risk Events.
- Action Plans - assist in driving quality action plans, owned and tracked to completion on schedule to mitigate the risk identified.
- RSCA - develop, coordinate and consult on the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process.
- Reporting and MI deliver quality risk information to all levels of the business â€" from ops team through to the Board with effective challenge and analysis evident.
- Training & Awareness - develop training content and assist in delivering formal and ad hoc training and guidance to all levels as required.
- Other areas of the Global Risk & Control Framework as required e.g. business continuity, policies and standards.
- Identify improvements to the Global Risk & Control Framework. Take accountability to see those ideas through to delivery and demonstrate benefits.
- Maintain personal subject matter expertise in risk management through training, professional CPD and qualifications as appropriate.
- Significant previous experience in a risk role.
- Extensive knowledge of risk management processes, tools and theory.
- Good understanding of current key risks facing financial services organisations
- Experience of both front and back office investment operations functions an advantage gained through a risk role
- Professional or industry qualification
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to analyse, present and report information to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Regulatory Risk Analyst to work for a progressive and successful professional service company who fully believe in developing their workforce.
So if you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in the role of Regulatory Risk Analyst then please apply now for immediate consideration.