Operations Manager, Natural Heritage (Islands)
Permanent/ Full time
The Operations Manager is focussed on developing longer-term aspirations and annual operating plans for the Properties in their care and managing all operations across these Properties in order to achieve the plan. Like all staff in the Natural Heritage Division, they play a key role in:
• Conservation: Protecting the landscapes in our care and associated marine habitats as part of ecologically healthy habitat networks where natural processes predominate.
• Working with communities living on or close to our land or with an interest in our land so that they collaborate with us.
• Protecting the built and archaeological heritage in our care and using them to help us explain the “conservation” outcome and achieve the “visitors & learning” outcome.
• Visitors & Learning: Enabling more people to experience more heritage more often, get more out of it & put more back into it.
• Finances: Realising efficiencies & income to enable more investment in our charitable business so that natural, built & archaeological heritage is protected in the long-term.
The Operations Manager is the lynch-pin between the Head of Natural Heritage (who has Division-wide responsibilities), the Property teams and activity managers across the Division, Consultancy Services and other service providers in National Trust for Scotland (NTS), and external contractors.
Interested applicants should forward a completed application form to People Services Department (Applications), The National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh, EH11 4DF, by mail or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org, by first post (i.e. 10.00am) on 27th October 2017. Interviews are likely to be held at Balnain House, Inverness on 7th November 2017.
For full job details and information about how to apply, please click the 'APPLY' button.
The National Trust for Scotland for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty is a charity registered in Scotland, Charity Number SC 007410.