Financial Controller - Construction/FM
iMultiply are exclusively engaged to assist with recruitment of a permanent Financial Controller based closed to Newbridge in Edinburgh.
This flagship entity has just exceeded 50m turnover due a recent acquisition and it already has another two impressive acquisitions in the pipeline. It’s a very profitable and highly performing area of the group hence why the Managing Director has just received Board approval for a new Financial Controller post to assist with current & pending integrations whilst facilitate further growth. Due to this constant expansion, it’s also realistic for the successful applicant to target a Divisional Finance Director role within the next 3 years.
The position of Financial Controller will report directly to the Managing Director with a dotted line to the Group Finance Director. The role will consist of three main components;
- Strategic planning
- Financial readiness of the division including integrations of data, systems and controls
- Team management including qualified and part qualified levels
To be considered for this opportunity you must be a qualified Accountant with strong management experience and its essential you have operated with the construction or FM sector.
The position of Financial Controller will offer a salary of £70,000 - £75,000 plus a discretionary bonus and generous pension allowance. The offices are based closed to Newbridge in Edinburgh with parking facilitates available onsite.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Managing Director with a dotted line to the Group Finance Director
- Managing the finance team - qualified and part qualified
- Providing strategic input, insight and guidance to the Senior Management Team to influence business decisions and direction.
- Presentation of monthly reporting packs to Board level
- Overseeing the production of commercial analysis, project accounting and P&L analysis
- Budgeting, forecasting & cashflow analysis
- KPI setting & monitoring
- Managing several high values projects including due diligence for future acquisitions and integrating completed acquisitions - data, systems & controls
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Assisting with systems developments
- Liaising with group regarding:
- Production of statutory accounts & returns
- Liaising with external auditors
- Taxation and VAT returns
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant - ESSENTIAL
- Managerial exposure - ESSENTIAL
- Construction or FM experience - ESSENTIAL
- Ability to engage, interact and influence senior stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This is a highly confidential brief and only suitable applicants will be provided with company information however please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for an informal discussion.