Terms & Conditions
1. The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the jobsinscotland.com website which is operated by DC Thomson Ltd
a. the general terms and conditions of the newspaper groups websites which are available at: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/site-terms-conditions/
d. the privacy notice specific to the Jobs Website set out below.
3. By using the Jobs Website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. These terms and conditions govern your agreement with us for your use of the following services on the Jobs Website
a. the CVmatch Service;
b. the Job Application Service;
c. the Jobmatch Service; and
d. the Jobs by Email Service,
each as defined below. The CVmatch Service, the Job Application Service, the Jobmatch Service and the Jobs by Email Service shall each be a Service and collectively known as the "Services". These terms shall apply to all of the Services except for where they are expressly stated to apply to one Service only.
5. The CVmatch service (the "CVmatch Service") is the service provided by us which allows recruiters to view, search, purchase and access CVs of candidates held on the DC Thomson Candidate database via the Jobs Website.
6. The job application service (the "Job Application Service") is the service provided by us which allows recruiters (or the advertising agency or media buyer for such recruiter) to place their advertisements on the Jobs Website and candidates to apply for those jobs either by:
a. making a job application directly through the Jobs Website;
b. being re-directed to a third party’s website to apply through that website; or
c. requesting an application pack from the relevant recruiter (and then completing that application).
7. The Jobmatch service (the "Jobmatch Service") is the service provided by us through which we will, on behalf of the recruiter, contact suitable candidates (who have agreed to such contact) with details of an advertisement placed by the recruiter on the Jobs Website.
8. The jobs by email service (the “Jobs by Email Service”) is the service provided by us which allows you to select your preferred job criteria and then receive emails containing details of jobs that fulfil your criteria.
9. To the extent that the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and/or the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 apply to any of the Services, if at all, DC Thomson acts in the capacity of an employment agency to help you find the type of work you are looking for. Guardian does not effect introductions between recruiters and candidates (or vice versa), and nor does it supply candidates to recruiters. You will not be charged for using the Services.
10. If you register for the Jobs Website, you will be required to provide your email address, a password and your country of residence, which we will store in order to create an individual user account for you. Access to your account on the Jobs Website is via your email address and password, so please keep your password safe and do not disclose it to anyone else.
11. To the extent that you wish us to share your information and CV with recruiters (either through the CVmatch Service or the Job Application Service) you consent to our sharing your CV, together with any additional information you provide to us, with the recruiters who use the Jobs Website. This means that you give us:
a. a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on the Jobs Website, to share or otherwise use such CV and additional information as we reasonably require to fulfil the services we provide on the Jobs Website; and
b. the right to grant a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide sub-licence of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on the Jobs Website, to recruiters for their recruitment related activities.
Your right to cancel
12. We will retain a copy of your CV and any additional information you provide to us in accordance with paragraphs 19 and 24 or until you delete it or close your account with us in accordance with paragraphs 28 and 29 below. If you are a registered user you can also change your privacy settings to set whether your CV is shared with all recruiters, no recruiters or you can select those recruiters that you do not want to share your CV with. Please note that additional recruiters are added all the time so you should check your privacy settings frequently.