Top services at Carlton
Published: 20 Mar 2015
At the heart of any good agency lies an excellent payroll facility and contractor management service and Carlton Resource Solutions are proud to have one of the best in the market.
Caroline Paterson heads up a dedicated contractor management function for PAYE workers and Limited company contractors on a domestic and international basis for our loyal client base of operators and service companies.
Caroline has been with the company for nine years and started with Carlton as an administrator in February 2006, after working through Carlton initially as one of our temporary workers for a client. In July 2007, Caroline became a commercial consultant and after a productive three years, moved into our Contracts team. Caroline has now come full circle, from temporary worker, to Administrator, to recruitment consultant, to managing Carlton’s loyal army of PAYE workers and Limited companies and who better than someone who understands every part of the process and our business.
Caroline works in tandem with our experienced payroll team which consists of Matt Lagoda – management accountant, Lesley Kidd – payroll administrator, Kirsty Duncan – administration assistant, Aileen Mitchell – lead administrator and Linda Quire – executive assistant / office manager.
Why outsource payroll?
From the client’s perspective, this service is very popular as it outsources all of the administration burden and working capital associated with paying the workers’ salaries/day rates as well as providing them with a dedicated team to look after all of their contractual and legislative requirements.
Our experienced team will ensure a smooth transition and “on-boarding” process and will also ensure workers are compliant with all relevant HMRC legislation whether the worker is PAYE or a Limited Company.
If you are a PAYE worker this means that you will have flexibility as to whether you are paid weekly or monthly and you can rest assured that Carlton will provide a professional and friendly service to ensure compliance across AWR, Auto-enrolment for Pensions and holiday pay entitlement. Carlton now also provides a Childcare voucher scheme to its PAYE temporary workforce to ensure these additional benefits can be enjoyed.
If you are a Limited Company contractor, Carlton will ensure that you are provided with an IR35 compliant contract and we will ensure that all relevant certificates and insurances are in place to reflect the contractual arrangement with the client. Payment frequency will be entirely up to the contractor, within sensible limitations.
Managed Service for the Client
Carlton provides a fully managed service for our clients to our temporary and contract workforce to ensure compliance with current legislation for the duration of their contract.
- Carlton organise regular “drop-in-days“ where we meet our contractors and temporary workers to talk to them about any issues that they may be having and therefore take a pro-active stance to ensure that problem resolution is quick and effective.
- Carlton organise regular legislative seminars in tandem with industry experts to provide advice on legislative changes such as IR35, AWR, Auto-enrolment for Pensions and Onshore/Offshore intermediary legislation. These are attended by both our clients and our candidates.
- Carlton has a dedicated in-house team who manage the process for the duration of their contract to ensure that the client is aware when the workers’ contract is coming to an end and requires review.
- Our automated certification management system is also in place as a timely reminder to the contractor that their insurance/offshore survival/medical etc needs to be renewed.
- Carlton also provides business travel insurance and medivac cover to all of its temporary workforce for onshore and offshore requirements, provided they are resident in the UK
Our Payroll and Aftercare service team combine a mix of experience from Recruitment Consultants to Management Accountants and Administration staff and have been running large scale domestic and international payroll services over many years.
Database and Management System
Our Database has the ability to manage the full recruitment process and is fully integrated with our back office payroll systems.
As our database holds on file all relevant qualifications, certification and references on our candidates, it can effectively act as an extension to our clients own system and through its reporting functions, we are able to process statistical data on our workers for all of our clients requirements.
Carlton are corporate and individual members of the IRP (Institute of Recruitment Professionals) and FPAL (First Point Assessment Ltd), ARC (Association of Recruitment Consultants) and are regularly audited to ensure compliance.