The Oil and Pipelines Agency is a Public Corporation formed by the Oil and Pipelines Act 1985. We currently manage, operate and maintain 6 Naval Oil Fuel Depots, servicing primarily the Royal Navy, and 1 Petroleum Storage Depot for the Secretary of State for Defence. The sites are spread across the UK, with 4 in Scotland, 2 on the south coast of England and the Petroleum Storage Depot is located in Cheshire. We have around 120 employees.
Our Head Office is currently based in London at Aviation House, 1st Floor, Zone A, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH.
You can obtain some further information from www.gov.uk/opa
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Technician to join our team at our Loch Ewe Oil Fuel Depot, Aultbea, Ross-shire IV22 2HU.
Operating as part of a team on the Oil Fuel Depot regularly carrying out the following key duties:
• Fault finding, maintenance and repair of plant and equipment.
• Oil spill techniques
• Confined Space works
• Active member of the rostered “On-Call” team
• Quality inspections
• Full health and safety compliance
• Fuelling duties
• GCE/GCSE level or equivalent in Maths, Physics and English
• Externally accredited qualifications at Engineering Craft/Technician level, e.g. NVQ3 Modern Apprenticeship/ C&G Apprenticeship/ONC Mechanical Engineering.
• Experience of CMMS or similar maintenance workflow process
• Knowledge of working in a COMAH regulated environment preferred.
• Familiar with Permit to Work / Control of Work Systems.
A positive working environment together with strong safety and team work ethic, which is central to our core values. An excellent package is on offer including, starting salary circa £23,425 (depending on experience) with the potential for further increases, 30 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), excellent defined contribution pension scheme and overtime.
We are looking for Candidates who are hardworking, reliable, trustworthy and keen to learn and develop themselves within the Engineering and the Bulk Liquid Storage Industry. You need to be able to demonstrate good communication and problem solving skills and are able to work as part of a team.
To Apply: You can apply electronically by clicking APPLY or send your CV and covering letter, detailing your salary expectations, to The Human Resources Department, Oil and Pipelines Agency, Aviation House, 1st Floor – Zone A, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH