Waste Acceptance Operatives
MVV Umwelt GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MVV Energie AG, has more than 40 years of experience in operating decentralised waste disposal and energy generation plants. Our Group is one of the market leaders in the generation of energy from waste. We currently operate Energy from Waste Plants in Plymouth and Dundee and a Biomass Facility at Ridham Dock (Kent). Dundee is the group’s third facility in the UK and is to be developed to support a long term contract with Dundee City and Angus Councils for the recovery of energy from the Councils’ residual waste. MVV Environment Baldovie Ltd is now looking to recruit:
Waste Acceptance Operatives (Dundee)
Full Time (40 hours per week)
The Package: Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
- Supervise tipping area to ensure visiting drivers are observing site rules and codes of safe working practice
- Supervise waste tipping to identify non-acceptable materials, record and report non-conformities to weighbridge staff and Facilities Manager if necessary
- Reload non-acceptable material from the tipping point back onto vehicle.
- Communicate with weighbridge staff about non-acceptance or reclassification of delivered waste.
- Monitoring waste storage areas to avoid fires
- Weighbridge operational tasks as required
- Full driving licence
- Mobile Plant Operator certified (preferred)
- Health and Safety 1 day minimum IOSH qualification
- Able to work as part of a small team ensuring safe, compliant reception and storage of non-recyclable municipal household waste
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Environmental legislation
- Flexible and willing to learn
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities are required within the role.
Please send your application by clicking APPLY
The closing date for applications is December 2017