We're searching for a talented HR Advisor with experience delivering efficient and effective generalist HR support to help make Audit Scotland a world class public sector audit organisation.
We employ around 280 experts to help ensure that £40bn of public money is spent wisely - we probably audit your local hospital, your council and a good number of the other public sector organisations delivering services across Scotland. Our Edinburgh office is within walking distance of both Haymarket and Waverly stations, has stunning views across to the castle and offers a wonderful environment in which to work so you can be your very best.
We're different, modern and have a wonderful open culture. We value simplicity and purpose in our work. Our people have the autonomy and freedom they desire to make a difference in their work. Check us out - we think you'll love who we are, what we value and our dedication to help ensure Scotland works well for all of the people that live here.
How can you help us?
Our dynamic HR & OD team are looking to add a new, permanent full time HR Advisor. We provide support covering the whole employee lifecycle; from recruitment, development, reward, employee relations and case management to name but a few. Our vision is one of world-class public audit, achieved through developing the people we employ - so we are serious about investing properly in our HR team to ensure they have all they need to deliver world-class support and fresh ideas. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to help us in the service delivery of HR & OD.
- deliver a quality, flawless and efficient in-house HR service, understanding modern methods of recruiting great people, supporting managers get the best from their team members, reducing sickness absence or helping resolve workplace disagreements.
- work collaboratively with colleagues. When you make a promise you always keep it! You love to organise and make sure work is delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality. You are focused, resilient and can adapt to the working style of others to secure the desired outcomes.
- have a diverse network of contacts and professional knowledge to meet the needs of your internal clients. You draw down on your continuous professional development, network and experience to help solve challenges you have never faced before.
Specific Knowledge and experience...
- You have proven generalist experience of working in an HR team coupled with sound administration skills and knowledge of systems and processes.
- You're a CIPD member or actively working towards your CIPD qualification.
- You are the bringer of ideas and solutions for your internal clients with the ability to persuade and influence others.
- You're emotionally intelligent and can work with people from different backgrounds.
- You may have worked in the public, private or 'third' sectors.
Want to know more about who we are and what we do - check out our recruitment video Audit Scotland - Animation. Don't just take our word for it, we were awarded 2017 One to Watch status by the Sunday Times Best Companies Survey.
Interested? Next steps
We're keeping this nice and simple - click the apply button. Fill in our application form and, if you wish, you can share your CV.
If you like us and we think you're great then maybe we'll meet. We've reserved Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 April so we can meet and get to know each other better. If successful, we'll then agree a package and share our journey together - helping to make work better for our people and, in turn, helping make Scotland a better place for the people that live here.