An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Magazine Journalist to join the No.1 magazine team!
Are your writing skills #onpoint? We’re looking for a talented, passionate and hard-working individual with a flair for creating engaging social media content and writing top-quality features for in mag and online. Reporting to the Features Editor, you will work to acquire and produce brand-appropriate, entertaining content for Scotland’s glamorous glossy. You will also contribute to social media, projects and brand extensions. An interest in fashion, beauty, health and all things Scottish is essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create fun, informative and engaging features for the specified audience.
- Have knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- Be able to conduct interviews for stories and advertorials.
- Have an infinite amount of ideas that we can turn into great content every issue.
- Have excellent proof-reading skills.
- Be organised, efficient and excellent at meeting multiple deadlines.
- Be a pro on social media and have lots of suggestions about how we can drive up our likes and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Be brimming with creative ideas for cover sells, covermounts and content that will give our titles shelf pop and ensure we continue to drive sales.
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts and attend press events as and when required.
- Have knowledge of word press and an ability to produce engaging content for online.
- Maintain brand values and consistency of tone.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and have some experience. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit:
- a CV
- a cover letter
- and a short article (500 words) that you feel would be relevant to No.1 readers.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, working from Skypark Office, Glasgow. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Gym Discount, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.