Head of Multimedia Content
DC Thomson Media has a unique opportunity for a Head of Multimedia Content, who will drive digital, video and audio output for our newspaper brands and recently acquired radio station.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the Title Editors and Online Editors, creating compelling digital and radio products, which engage and retain consumers, ultimately maximising results from our websites.
You need to be an expert in all things related to content – from creation to distribution and analytics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the multimedia team, resources and content
- Co-ordinating commercial and editorial and acting as a link with other DC Thomson Media departments
- Delivering a content strategy that supports and extends our digital and radio ambitions
- Ensuring best practice is adopted and the appropriate level of training given around tagging, SEO and understanding the best channel of content delivery
- Meeting agreed KPIs – including audience volumes and engagement metrics, registrations, newsletter sign ups and subscriptions
- Working with the radio team to develop coverage in terms of bulletins and contributions to the wider radio output
- Working with the digital team to develop content portals using our growing audience data and making recommendations based on those results.
- Assisting with the delivery of a Digital Content Academy to focus on key areas of training.
The Head of Multimedia Content requires:
- Proven editorial skills and management experience at a senior level
- Training as a print, digital or broadcast journalist with a “nose” for the story.
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative people
- Skill at distribution strategies and tactics
- A passion for new technology tools
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Chartbeat, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Closing date for applications is 30th March 2018.