You will write, source, produce and present high-quality, daily news and sports bulletins for Wave FM which fit the contemporary sound of the station and adhere to all legal and regulatory standards.
You will also act as a radio champion within the wider editorial and multimedia teams – assisting with training, coaching and mentoring
- Sourcing exclusive and highly-engaging news and sports stories and interviews
- Recording and editing news and sports bulletins for broadcast on Wave FM to relevant to the station’s target audience
- Reading live bulletins and additional content for key shows as required
- Providing audio and video content from breaking news events, press conferences etc as required
- Building a strong contacts book, particularly in the Dundee and Perth areas and maintain a detailed news and sports diary
- Updating and maintaining online and social media channels
- Liaising with colleagues from across DCT Media’s newspaper brands to ensure collaboration (ideas, content etc) as well as commercial, marketing and other teams from across the business
- Being an ambassador of the Wave FM and DC Thomson Media brands at events
- Covering early, late and weekend shifts as required
Skills and Experience:
- A journalism qualification and experience in a radio/broadcasting role
- Confidence in conducting and editing great interviews – as well as writing attention-grabbing copy
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of news, sport and entertainment (local, national, international)
- Burli and/or other editing and production experience
- The ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Experience creating and posting web and social media content
- Detailed knowledge of media law and industry regulations and ethics
- Driving licence (desirable)
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
Closing date for applications is 30th March, 2018.
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.