The Video Editor will establish, develop and drive the video production strategy and operation for the DC Thomson Media newspapers and set the template for video production across the newspaper group.
- Creating engaging video content which caters to our audiences, bringing the news agenda to life
- Keeping on top of the latest trends and topics, and creating related video features
- Working with a mixture of news and reports produced from assets captured from the scene
- Engaging in commercial projects for our advertisers and partners
- Utilising a systematic and methodical approach to evolving ideas and best practice
- Enabling and empowering the editorial and digital teams through format and workflow development
Who we are looking for:
- Strong video storyteller
- Committed to local news and community reporting
- Highly competent and efficient video editor
- Comfortable in a fast-paced media environment with competing priorities
- A team player with respect for wide variety of editorial and digital skills
- Driven by audiences and audience insight
- Systematic and methodical approach to evolving ideas and best practice
Skills and Experience:
- Adobe Premier and other professional video editing software
- Web video content management platforms
- Familiarity with video monetisation strategies
- Proven eye for a video story
- Able to interpret online analytics and a proven ability to act on them
- Strong social media skills and understanding
- Awareness and basic working knowledge of media law
- Good degree in video/digital media production and/or strong experience within professional short-form video production environment
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
Closing date for applications is 30th March 2018.
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.