Workshop Fitter - Plant Hire
Nationwide Plant Hire company!
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Fitter to work out of our Glasgow Depot who will be carrying out planned maintenance activities to ensure that our plants operate safely and reliably. The maintenance will include PDIs, safety LOLER inspections, servicing and general damage repairs.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- The repair and maintenance of all types of machinery from 1.5t mini diggers to 35t excavators, as well as dumpers, rollers and telehandlers
You need to be self-motivated and be able to turn around machines quickly with accuracy, and you will also be responsible for ensuring the machinery is fit for hire.
Hours: 48 hours per week plus 4.5 voluntary hours of overtime per week, Monday - Friday on shift pattern between 6.00am - 6.00pm
We are looking for someone who is:
- A qualified diesel mechanic
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Plant Maintenance
- In possession of a full, valid Driving Licence with no more than 3 points
- Able to demonstrate a full and varied knowledge of plant machinery
- Able to provide references to supplement your application
- Having a CSCS card would be an advantage
- Good spoken and written English
In return, we can offer you a competitive annual salary with a generous retention bonus and 23 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays.
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity).