Software Technical Consultant
Hudson IT are delighted to be working with a leading organisation based in Glasgow, seeking a Software Technical Consultant to join them on a permanent basis.
The organisation has a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting their core business. They currently have specific expertise in the optimisation of research and development and Tax Relief and Credits. Working in a team of consultants you will be working on cutting-edge research projects and given responsibility of building your own relationships with decision making clients.
You will provide technical advice to UK companies by investigating their latest R&D projects to identify where qualifying work is taking place. You will provide clients with advice from both a tax and science/engineering perspective.
- Working primarily in the preparation and review of software related R&D tax claims
- Generating new cost-saving opportunities for business in relation to R&D projects
- Drafting clear technical and financial documents related to R&D activities
- Interacting with HMRC, the tax authority, to defend claim if necessary
- Keeping updated with industry developments and identifying new business opportunities
- Experience working as a technical developer, engineer, scientist/researcher or analyst
- Degree in computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas as simple concepts
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
- Working experience in the R&D tax industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent numerical ability
To find out more about this opportunity please apply in the first instance with an up to date CV.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.