Agency Healthcare Assitant
Recruitment Direct are currently recruiting Agency Healthcare Assistants to work with a well-known established care provider.
This is an exciting opportunity for Healthcare Assistant with previous experience, who are willing to work towards SVQ Level2.
Our clients motivation for serving others is a response to the grace and love of God shown to us by Jesus Christ. This empowers us to love and serve others in his name. Christ's love moves us to reach out to those who are the greatest need - the marginalised, the poor, the frail, the hurting and the disadvantaged.
In this way we understand that all our activities and services are a response to and an outworking of the love and grace of God in Jesus Christ.
Responsible To: Service Manager
The general task required of Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi-disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
1. To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
2. Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
3. Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
4. Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
5. Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
6. Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
7. Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
8. Assist with monitoring and reviewing service users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
9. Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
10. Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
11. Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
12. Work on a rota basis involving weekend and evening work.
13. Comply with all Health and Safety requirements in line with current Policies including risk assessments.
14. Undertake any training deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
15. Comply with financial procedures.
16. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
17. Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
You MUST have a current Moving & Handling Certificate with a renewal date of 2018 and have a minimum of 3 moths experience within a similar setting within the last 12 months. This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks. Registration with the Scottish Social Services Council.