Finance Manager - Newly Qualified Accountant
£35,000 - £37,000 excellent bonus and benefits
Change Recruitment Group are partnering with a leading business based in Edinburgh. This is a great career opportunity for an ambitious Newly Qualified Accountant to join as a Finance Manager. The role will have a strong emphasis on management accounting, financial modelling and liaising at board level and working on high profile projects across Scotland.
The role will provide development opportunities to work on individual projects as Manager and will be client facing with its main focus on the protection of and, where relevant, the enhancement of shareholder value. These will be achieved through the establishment of adequate financial controls, robust reporting and forecasting in the development of a close working relationship with Directors and stakeholders.
This would suit a Newly Qualified Accountant, looking for their first move from the profession into industry. Candidates with both accounts preparation and audit experience would be highly advantageous.
Reporting to the Finance Director, duties and responsibilities will include:
· Preparation of management accounts together with variance analysis against budget and underlying financial model for use by senior management and shareholders
· Attend and present at board meetings with senior Project Managers and offer analysis that will drive the projects forward
· Ongoing forecasting and financial modelling on key projects
· Preparation of annual stat accounts
· Liaising with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that any areas of uncertainty thrown up by the project review are clarified
This is a fantastic opportunity with a unique organisation that will allow a highly skilled finance professional to apply their technical and commercial accounting knowledge in an environment where they can grow and develop into the role. It's a board facing role, so communication and the ability to build and maintain relationships at a senior level is essential.
If you are an ambitious and commercially astute Accountant then I would like to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter