Senior Corporation Tax Manager
Change Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a leading financial service group based in Edinburgh to recruitment an experience Corporate Tax specialist for a Senior Manager position.
You will have extensive Corporate Tax experience, operating with full compliance disclosure and within statutory obligations - additionally, this role will be heavily involved in key project and change driven by legislation and regulation.
Reporting to a Head of Tax, you will work alongside an experience team, but also take the lead on core initiatives within the team - key responsibilities are:
- Work across the Group Tax function and wider business on control functions, understanding the application of Tax Policies
- Work collaboratively with Advisory, Compliance and Reporting team on implementing tax coverage
- Work within the 'New Ring Fence Bank' project
- Gain exposure to change required in the new bank i.e. Risk & Assurance activities that impact on the tax affairs from the Ring Fence Changes
- Manage relationships with stakeholders on tax compliance and risk implications
- Ensure the alignment to and full compliance to group policy requirements
- Work with a diverse range of stakeholders including HMRC through partnership and consistent delivery
Additionally, this role will require the successful candidate to be naturally adaptable and be able to demonstrate working successfully in a change environment - the role will involve project management initiatives across tax risk management, SOX etc.
The role will also focus on continuous improvement i.e. efficiencies and simplification - the Tax environment is constantly changing and evolving, therefore ongoing self-development / training is required for you and for the team.
You will be a qualified accountant or hold a Tax qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA - you will have sound knowledge of tax legislation and accounting standards, IFRS.