Commercial Manager Managing Surveyor
Commercial Manager | Managing Surveyor Job | Edinburgh | £60,000 - £76,500
Your new company
You will be working for a top-tier Main Contractor in their Edinburgh office, who due to continued success are looking to expand their team. They have secured a growing number of projects in Edinburgh and over the Central Belt, therefore are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager | Managing Surveyor to join their business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Regional Commercial Manager this senior position will be key in the provision of a commercial, contractual and financial management service to the business. They will provide commercial and contractual support to the operations and work winning functions of the business, and will work closely with clients and business partners to ensure that commercial and contractual targets are achieved and reported on with transparency and accuracy.
What you'll need to succeed
The right individual must have impeccable professional credentials with a strong focus on developing future growth opportunities, as well as an ability to manage and motivate a team across a variety of departments and on various projects within the building business unittarget sectors. You should possess strong commercial leadership skills, excellent negotiation / communication skills and have obtained demonstrable experience within the building environment. Contract experience in NEC/JCT type contracts is also essential.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for;
- Ensuring core commercial, contractual and QS systems and policies are implemented effectively, regularly reviewed and updated.
- Monitor, measure and report on significant commercial and contractual issues relevant to both operational contracts and projects being tendered.
- Assist in risk assessment and minimisation strategy.
- Maximise cash flow on projects responsible for.
- Develop and maintain benchmarking data including costs and standard contractual provisions.
- Build successful relationships with clients, internal departments and external suppliers
What you'll get in return
You will receive a very competitive salary as well as benefits package including a generous car allowance, pension contribution, private medical cover, and a life insurance scheme. This is a growing business so there will room to develop the team and have input into this growth. There is a definite view for progression within the company, and a forward thinking mentality will be rewarded.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.