Digital Helpdesk Analyst
The Digital Department provides DC Thomson with an experienced and enthusiastic Digital resource that builds and maintains DC Thomson's digital portfolio of products
The Digital Helpdesk Analyst role is a new position within our team with primary responsibility to be:
- First point of contact from end users via telephone, e-mail or service desk
- Document the whos and whats of incident reporting through to resolution.
- Utilise own knowledge and teams, to aid in incident resolution to resolve customers' issues effectively and efficiently
- Be proactively engaged in delivering resolutions in a timely manner
- Willing and self motivated to learn the technologies we use every day
If you have the enthusiasm, technical know how and determination to help troubleshoot our customers requests, we will support you with a group of talented Digital professionals and give you the opportunity to develop your skills.
Technical skills aside, key to your success will be effective communication, people skills and an ability to work in a fastpaced/agile environment.
Core technical skills and experience:
- An understanding of/exposure to PHP and SQL
- Must be comfortable with a customer-facing role.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Past Helpdesk experience is desirable but not critical.
- Looking to contribute to open source projects either through work or personal efforts.
- Portfolio of publicly available websites which you have had a lead role.
- Past experience of working within an Agile environment
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.