Capability Scotland provides care, education and employment services for disabled children and adults across Scotland. We work with disabled people, their families and carers to provide a creative mix of services that meet their aspirations at all stages of their lives. Our specialist knowledge and broad range of flexible services allows us to promote independence and quality of life for disabled people throughout their lives.Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives?
Capability Scotland seek a Payroll Officer with a minimum of 3 years' experience to join their busy Finance Team. The successful candidate will be the organisation's expert on all payroll matters from data collection and input through to liaison with statutory bodies.
They will be responsible for paying in excess of 1000 employees per month who operate in various roles, locations and under diverse terms & conditions.
Main duties include:
- The accurate input, check, processing and calculation of all payroll data through the in-house system (OpenPay) to ensure accurate and timely payments to all stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance on all payroll related matters to Individuals, Service Management and Human Resource staff.
- Produce and distribute management reports on employment costs annually, monthly and on an ad hoc basis.
- Liaise with staff, management and external bodies on all payroll aspects such as Tax, National Insurance, Organisation & Statutory Sick Pay, Maternity Pay and Pensions.
- Maintain current knowledge of all statutory and organisational requirements, including legislative changes. Ensure internal systems, policies and procedures are updated to comply with these.
The successful applicant will be expected to have up to date knowledge of payroll, pension and relevant employment legislation (such as Working Time and Maternity Regulations) and have experience of computerised payroll systems and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
Possession of a recognised qualification is desirable as is an understanding of voluntary/public sector pay policy and processes.Why work for Capability Scotland?
- Rewarding career choice
- Enhanced pension scheme
- 32 Days Annual Leave (increasing with service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and as such undertakes to conduct thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland's Equality and Diversity Policy is available on the Intranet or upon request from the HR Department. Capability Scotland, Scottish Charity SC011330.
Disability Confident Employer
As a Disability Confident Employer we are committed to employing and retaining disabled people; we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job and consider them on their abilities and we will make reasonable adjustments to ensure disabled people are not disadvantaged when applying for and doing their jobs.