People Development (PD) Administrator Vocational Centre
Hours per Week
Specific responsibility for proactive co-ordination of the Vocational Centre, liaising with Employee Development Officers (EDO) and Head of Service PD in relation to SVQ/MA Centre work.
Provide ad hoc support to PD in other duties, as required, outlined below.
1. To be responsible for the co-ordination of the Vocational Centre including liaison with EDOs and Head of Service PD, The SQA and Finance.
2. Administration of Steering Group.
3. Administration of QAPs.
4. Administration of EV visits.
5. Administration of Standardisation meetings:
• The post holder will attend the above meetings with the exception of standardisation meetings whereby attendance is only required when meetings held in Edinburgh.
6. Day to Day co-ordination Vocational Centre and related invoices including liaising with Finance, PD Head of Service and EDOs in line with the process in place.
7. Support with the allocation and processing of VSDF and other funding monies liaising with EDOs and Finance.
8. To undertake routine correspondence, as required.
9. To be involved in updating and inputting the information held on the HR System and other systems relating to vocational qualifications.
10. To handle incoming calls and either deal with enquiries, transfer calls or ensure that messages are left for appropriate staff.
11. To provide ad hoc clerical support to the PD team.
12. To ensure mail is opened, stamped and distributed.
13. To assist with the maintenance of diaries for designated staff and to arrange meetings, booking venues and travel and accommodation as requested.
15. As part of the PD Administration team you will also support, on an ad hoc basis, the following PD processes:
a. E-learning administration
b. Utilisation of the HR systems in relation to Learning and Development including qualifications and staff training
c. Training course administration
d. Production of training course material
e. Staff Awards administration
f. Photocopying, binding and making up training materials, portfolios and workbooks
g. Website administration
16. To undertake any other duties which may reasonably fall within the parameters of the post.
17. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
Skills and Abilities
A sound knowledge and experience of Microsoft software packages, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Sound knowledge and experience of SVQ Centre processes and administration such as SQAs or MAs and the SQA 'Navigator’ System.
Must be able to work on your own initiative and to participate as part of the HR and Organisation Development team.
Good working knowledge of the current HR System (CHRIS).
Consideration will be given to how the 17.5 hours are worked, ideally this would be over 4 or 5 days.