Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer Team Leader
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced multi-skilled maintenance engineer with an electrical bias to join our Facilities M & E Maintenance team working on our Dundee sites.
As the Team leader, you will manage a team of 5 on a day to day basis ensuring Business Services equipment and machinery is maintained at optimal performance standards and all regulatory requirements are met. You will also liaise with and organise outside contractors.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage and organise workload of the team
- Ensure planned preventative maintenance (PPM) is carried out and prioritise unplanned workload, scheduling accordingly
- Ensure all regulatory testing and inspections are carried out and up to date
- Provide breakdown maintenance support
- Monitor and react to the Building Management System (BMS) faults and alarms
- Issue work permits and manage outside contractors and service providers
- Adhere to company HSE guidelines and be capable of carrying out and reviewing risk assessments
- Participate in the ‘On Call’ rota
- Administer holiday and call out rota
- Produce statistical reports on request
- Explore all avenues for cost reductions
- Build and develop the maintenance team’s technical capabilities through both in-house and external training.
- Time served, ONC/HNC qualified in both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or equivalent as well as having a City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical and electrical working practices
- A proven track record working in a similar environment
- Experience of managing a team
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to engage with all areas of the business.
This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Gym Discount, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st June 2018.