Axis-Shield Diagnostics Ltd develop, manufacture and distribute in-vitro diagnostic products globally. Our world-class facility, employing 135 people, is located in Dundee, Scotland.
A vacancy has arisen for a:
to join the purchasing team. Key to this role is attention to detail, an understanding of the purchasing function, prioritising tasks and working within tight deadlines.
As a buyer you will be required to work with the current supply base, identifying spend reduction opportunities to generate cost savings. You will also be monitoring current supply routes to ensure efficiency and service quality is maintained. In addition to this you will be:
- Converting quotations to live orders
- Raising and progressing purchase orders with suppliers
- Managing stock
- Negotiating terms and conditions with suppliers
- Implementing Supply Agreements/Change Control Agreements, Master Specifications and risk mitigation
- Maintaining suppliers records, profiles and product details within the ERP system
- Keeping project teams up to date on all relevant issues, for example lead-times, contact details, client contact/feedback
- Involved in supplier maintenance, supplier change notifications and assisting in audits
- Working with others to review opportunities for change/improvements/secondary supply
- Working with our R&D department to source new materials
- Maintain and update incoming inspection testing
- Assist with stock and non-stock orders.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Previous experience of buying/purchasing
- Strong communication and administration skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook and experience of working with an ERP system
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter and clock APPLY or by post to HR Manager, Axis-Shield Diagnostics Ltd, The Technology Park, Dundee, DD2 1XA.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st June 2018.