IT Project Manager

Recruiter
Harvey Nash plc
Location
Dundee
Salary
£42000 - £47000 per annum + pension - 18%
Posted
17 May 2018
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
Our client is a leading employer in the city of Dundee who have a long and proud history of developing people and shaping the future workforce in Scotland and beyond. Due to a large business transformation and the amalgamation of multiple systems into a new ERP, they now require an experienced Project Manager to join the team on a fixed term 12 month contract.

Day to day you will be responsible for the development and management of the project plan, ensuring the project is delivered to time, quality and cost. You will be instrumental in the implementation of a new finance solution which impacts multiple areas of their business, this new system will require an out of the box solution for 80% of the functionality, with the remaining 20% requiring full solutions design and with this you will need strong experience of leading a project that has had a heavy emphasis on the research of new solutions to alleviate business problems.

You will;

* Utilise the tools and methods available to ensure effective project control, change control, risk and issue management and quality assurance;

* Coordinate the activity of resources within the workstream to ensure deliverables and milestones are met according to the integrated programme plan;

* Work with the Change & Communications team to ensure effective and appropriate communications and support the implementation of the Change Management Strategy;

* Ensure risks and issues are identified, documented and managed through to closure and/or acceptance; utilising the knowledge and experience of the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Business Analysts within the team and escalating to programme management where necessary;

* Build relationships with stakeholders across the organisation;

* Ensure solution validation and design requirements are documented during workshops including any assumptions and/or dependencies;

* Manage the project lifecycle from solution validation and design through to go live and post go live support;

Essential Skills and Experience:

* Experience implementing a Research solution preferred but candidates with other ERP implementation experience will be considered;

* Proven experience working on complex projects or programmes and the ability to balance competing demands and prioritise effectively;

* Experience of working in a Higher Education organisation;

* Excellent communication and engagement skills;

* Must have strong written, oral and interpersonal skills;

* Advanced user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project;

Similar jobs

More searches like this

Similar jobs