Part Time Receptionist
Office Angels are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Part Time Receptionist. This is a part time role, located in Edinburgh City Centre. Working days would be Monday to Friday between the office hours 8.45am -1pm (21.25 Hours). Salary £15,761 - £16,309 pro rata and depending on experience.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- To welcome and register all visitors
- To answer incoming telephone calls promptly and re-direct and/or take messages
- To register and monitor stock of publications and process orders of publications
- To process expense claim forms, handle petty cash requests and cash sales of publications
- To maintain the Petty Cash box
- To reconcile monthly cash sales for banking by Cashier
- To liaise with Job Share partner at handover time and to provide holiday and other absence cover for one another
- To prepare mail for daily collection and to ensure the franking machine is maintained
- To maintain a meeting room diary - in book and online format and prepare daily meeting room notice
- To co-ordinate the use of meeting rooms by external group
- To prepare coffee and order lunches
- To keep the kitchen clean and tidy as appropriate
- To keep Reception and meeting rooms tidy and up to date with relevant literature
- To maintain the small library of books in reception room
- To liaise with suppliers of photocopier and telephone system regarding any faults
- To supervise the office cleaning and liaise with the company engaged to carry out the daily cleaning of the office
- To test the fire alarm on a weekly basis, and perform duties as laid down by the Fire Officer in the event of a fire-drill or fire.
Experience, Skills, Attributes Required:
The candidate for the post will have drive and enthusiasm and be able to work to a significant extent on their own initiative. Particular qualities that are sought in the candidate include:
- Well-developed inter-personal skills and the ability to deal sensitively and effectively with people at all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to welcome callers and visitors in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- A pro-active, logical, systematic and innovative approach to challenges and opportunities and ability to take initiative.
- Experience of working on a reception desk and in using basic telephone systems.
- Experience in the use and application of information and communications technology including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, internet and other commonly used IT applications within an office environment (Microsoft Office 2003-2013) including email and calendaring systems and an eagerness to keep up to date and develop IT skills as needed for application in the workplace. Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel essential.
- An ability and desire to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Good attention to detail.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply! This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email**
By applying you will register as a candidate with Office Angels. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.