Landscape Planner - Glasgow
My client, an award-winning environmental consultancy, work from 6 offices throughout the UK to provide high quality planning, landscape design, ecology and impact assessment services to clients on a broad range of projects. This organisation prides themselves on achieving sustainable development on behalf of all clients and providing innovative solutions to even the most complex of projects. Working in sectors including heritage, residential, leisure, healthcare and education, energy, parks and open spaces, public realm and mixed-use developments, this business has a diverse client group and project portfolio. Due to continued success and expansion, my client is seeking a Landscape Planner to join the team in their Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a degree and/or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject discipline, E.g. Landscape Planning, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning
- Hold some professional experience, which will ideally include the preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIAs)
- Be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) or will be interested in working towards chartership
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to produce clear and concise reports and documents
- Have experience using relevant software packages, including AutoCAD, ArcGIS, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Be organised and methodical, demonstrating the ability to work under pressure
- Hold a full clean driving licence
About the Role
You will join a talented team of Landscape Planners and will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects. You will work on Landscape and Seascape Character and Sensitivity Assessments and will assess and manage protected landscapes. Your role will also include researching agri-environment schemes, planning for sustainable landscapes and responding to climate change. Working within the Landscape team, you will be expected to undertake Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIAs) and associated mitigation work for a range of current projects. You will work on developments including renewable energy, railways and residential.
You will be involved with projects from the initial tendering stages through to completion and will participate in all aspects of work undertaken. You will be required to manage projects of varying size and will mentor more junior staff when required. You will work alongside wider teams within the company, including GIS specialists, Planners and Ecologists.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package and the guarantee of a friendly and supportive working environment. You will also receive excellent training and will have the opportunity to continue progressing in your career.
For more information or for further vacancies within the landscape or planning sector please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on 01792957381. Alternatively, you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: .
KEYWORDS: landscape, seascape, planner, planning, environment, environmental, CMLI, LVIA, assessment, consultant, consultancy, Glasgow