Hours per Week
To be involved in organising, planning and delivering a programme of therapeutic and meaningful activities for the service users, in order to provide mental and physical stimulation.
1. Organise a range of indoor activities appropriate to the capabilities and interests of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
2. Organise outings for service users.
3. Provide activities in group settings as well as on a one-to-one basis.
4. Work as part of a team and co-operate with colleagues during times of staff shortage or illness to deliver a high standard of service.
5. Contribute to the health, safety and security of service users in their environment.
6. Promote the well-being of all service users within a Christian framework in a sensitive, caring manner affording them dignity and respect.
7. Be willing to undertake any training courses deemed necessary.
8. The post will involve some evening and week-end duties and the post holder should be willing to work flexible hours as determined by the Service Manager.
9. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
10. Facilitate Service Users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).
Skills and Abilities
The post holder will have enthusiasm, be self-motivated and have the ability to work under own initiative. They will also have an understanding of relevant activities for this client group.
The post holder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning.