Senior Operations Engineer
This leading organisation is actively seeking an Operations Engineer to join their company working on an initial 3-month contract based at their site in Barrow-in-Furness.
To support all elements that entail preparation and installation of core load patch. This includes stakeholder management, paperwork/plan/organisation of works, design work, process adherence, continuous improvement (based on boat 4 performance), process mapping and delivery of core elements as dictated by the line manager.
12 week contract initially
£28.50 per hour
- Support in the development of department processes.
- Produce appropriate department documentation.
- Responsible for liaising with planning and other technical departments.
- Responsible for developing innovative process solutions.
- Develop and mentor new employees and team members.
- Responsible for identifying own development opportunities.
- Understand, develop and implement greater customer and external relations.
To be successful in the role
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation, e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc., applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- A general understanding of the manufacturing used within the business.
- Good communication skills
- HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge of the capabilities and the most appropriate uses of specialised analysis tools
- Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Recognition of the limits of their own knowledge so that specialist support can be sought.
- Skilled in the use of standard Microsoft packages and specialist packages as required
- Sufficient experience to be able to identify all the issues involved in their area of responsibility.
- The correct recognition of the context of their work within the overall product.
- To have a recognised trade background or equivalent experience.
- CADDS 5 / IT literate (MS Office)
- Sheet metal experience (process and manufacture)
- HNC / HND in mechanical works
- Able to work with SAP
This position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their world renowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, there's the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.
If you are interested in this role of Operations Engineer, please send your CV to Leah Wakefield via the apply button! Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, feel free to get them in touch, referral fees paid!
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn