Marketing Communications Manager
This vacancy is with our exclusive and retained client, the Energy Saving Trust for a Marketing Communications Manager.
This full mix marketing role has 2 direct reports and involves multi-channel campaign management. This new role also has a strong emphasis on digital and social media.
Our exclusive and retained and Energy Saving Trust (EST) is the UK's leading independent and impartial organisation that helps people save energy, every day. Set up by government in 1992 in response to the first United Nations Earth Summit, we have reached a landmark 25 years of transforming the way that the public engage with energy efficiency. Our services are underpinned by the very best evidence and research and delivered by highly skilled and experienced specialists across all aspects of the energy and built environment sectors. We have an excellent track record of delivery, whether engaging with consumers on national campaigns or working alongside UK governments and businesses on major initiatives
As Marketing Communications Manager (Transport) you will lead the development and implementation of innovative marketing communications strategies/plans. You will also lead the activity for the business and government programmes and ensure set objectives/KPIs are achieved.
You will have the following key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Act as the primary contact for the allocated government or corporate programme on marketing communications related work.
- Work with cross functional teams and senior management to ensure the planning, implementation and delivery of marketing and communications activity achieves set objectives and KPIs.
- Ensure that all relevant programme goals/objectives are achieved and campaigns are brought in on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Have strong consumer and business marketing knowledge across all channels including experience in developing micro-sites.
- Creation of engaging written, graphic, and video content while staying up-to-date on latest marketing technologies and social media.
- Lead a small team and manage external contractors as required.
- Regular travel between the businesses UK offices will be required when needed.
The successful Marketing Communications Manager will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Experience in a marketing management role, with proven success of improving acquisition and retention strategies.
- Strong understanding of email marketing & automation, paid media, audience segmentation and analytics.
- Ability to create and edit engaging written, graphic, and video content while staying up-to-date on latest marketing
- technologies and social media.
- Experience of developing and implementing customer segmentation.
- Knowledge of SEO, PPC, Google AdWords, Content Management Systems, Photoshop, InDesign, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft Office.
- People, budget and campaign management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including verbal, written and listening.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated individual.
- Team and goal orientated.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise activity within a demanding environment.
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing and/or CIM Diploma or related would be desirable but not essential.
- Be within commuting distance of the Edinburgh office
Basic salary up to £40k DOE + additional benefits.